Monday, January 28, 2008

12 steps....

But first you have to get to the door.

My father is supposed to be checking into rehab for alcoholism today. I haven't heard yet whether he actually did or not. It has been months since he and I have talked. I don't know what to say to him anymore, letting him know that I would like him to be around long enough to see Miles grow can only be done so many times before it loses meaning. Apparently the two places he normally goes to drink have both told him they are happy to have him there but they will not serve him alcohol, you know its bad when the place you give most of your monthly income too has permanently cut you off. Unfortunately there are many other bars in good ol' Kenai that don't have the same scruples and would only be sad when he has succeeded in drinking himself to death and they no longer have that source of income.

I can only hope that he actually does this.

No comments: