Thursday, November 1, 2007

Who knew unemployment would be so much work?

When you picture being unemployed there is a vision of sleeping late, watching tv and generally sitting around occasionally making a half hearted attempt to find a job, but usually getting distracted by the comics while looking for the classifieds. That is so not true. I will admit, I slept late this morning, and well yesterday too, but I realized how much I need to do to get my life in order so that I can find that great job that will not only pay me enough to pay my bills but also be fulfilling and worthwhile to go to everyday.

So far today I have registered for unemployment, paid bills, researched IRA's, worked on my resume, did some work for the board I am a member of, and worked on my blog (why this actually feels productive I don't know, but it does). All after getting Miles up and to daycare. This afternoon I need to fill out a job application that is due tomorrow and meet with the financial guy at the bank to talk about the aforementioned IRA. Whew.

And I really should clean my house. After all, I am unemployed, what else do I have to do all day? Better put bon bons on my shopping list.....

Mmmmmm, bon bons........

No comments: