Wednesday, November 21, 2007

When I grow up....

I know what I don't want to be, I don't want to be a fire fighter, a nurse, a policeman or a teacher. "I want to be cool, tall, vulnerable and luscious" to quote Liz Phair, but I don't know how that will help me find the right job. I always joke that I want to be Lorelei Gilmore when I grow up, but that is more of a style, a way of being. Not that I will ever look like Loren Graham (actress that played her) - or have the money to purchase the wardrobe. But in some ways its not entirely unrealistic - and before you start to think I am insane, picture this: Lorelei Gilmore runs her own business - an Inn that is fun and stylish and she hosts events such as luncheons and weddings - she also sews and is very creative. She is an excellent mom and she is smart and witty. Not bad things to aspire to in my mind. Of course I am a bit smarter love than she is - I found my perfect man and nabbed him.

The underlying question here is: I am unemployed, what do I apply for that I won't hate, that I will be good at and will pay me enough to help support my family?

The answer: I don't know.

No comments: