Sunday, May 24, 2009

comfort clothes

I want to know why flannel pants and a ratty old t-shirt can't be sexy. Shouldn't a person be more attractive when they are comfortable and at ease? The silky little nothings can be fun for a romp but I am not relaxed when I wear them, or at least not as relaxed as I am in "comfort" clothes.

The same for your everyday clothes too. Sexy is the skirt with heels. Heels that kill your feet, and a skirt that requires care in every movement you make so you don't flash someone unintentionally (intentional flashing is an entirely different matter). I would much rather wear flat sandals and a loose flowy skirt or pants with a loose top and no bra. But that is not considered as "sexy" as the other.

I would like to propose a change in the social construct of reality and make it so that comfort dictates sexy. Anyone with me?

No comments: