Tuesday, January 19, 2010

29 Weeks

And I am tired. It doesn't help that I think I broke my toe this weekend....the combination of the pregnancy and the pain makes getting through the day even harder. I realized that when I was pregnant with Miles I wasn't working at this stage, I was home and could take naps whenever I wanted. I think this is why I don't remember being this tired.

Honestly I feel pretty good overall. At my last appointment I had to do my glucose test and even though it made me feel totally crappy I cam through just fine and do not appear to be having any problems with my sugar levels. I am however slightly anemic, which is contributing to my tiredness. I am now on an iron supplment and I am hoping it will help me feel a bit more energetic.

I am in a bit of shock that the clock is counting down so quickly. In 11 weeks is my due date and baby could really come anytime within a couple of weeks on either side. I suppose its possible he could come even earlier, but I don't find that acceptable, he needs to stay put until he is done cooking. Although I am getting anxious to meet this little one. I told Miles that the other say and he said, "yeah, I thought you were going to squeeze that baby out" - where do they get these things from?

Overall we are ready. I don't have everything we need for the little guy but we have the majority of the basic staples - as in a place to sleep and some clothes. We do need a car seat, but other than that anythign else could come later if needed. We would get by. The crib is set up and I have the closet cleaned out so there is room. I have made a list of what we do need and registered at target and on wishpot.

The biggest "issue" we have is a name. Mitch and I just can't seem to agree on anything. We do have one name that we both like, but are still looking to see what else is out there. Everytime I find a name I really like he doesn't like it, and everytime he suggests one I don't like it. I know the right name will come along but its still very frustrating, I really just want my husband to agree with me and let me name him. And no, it probably will not be an M name.

So as long as I can make it the next 11 weeks without falling asleep somewhere I should be just fine. The anxiety about birth is hovering near the edges.......I am just trying to hold it at bay.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I thought the baby was going to be named Tater?? Did you change your mind?? On the subject of M names, I just worry that poor little Tater will feel left out as the only "non-M." But when he's playing linebacker at University of GA, I guess he'll get over it....